Sunday, July 8, 2012

Happy Anniversary to the Love of My Life!

Dear Joe,
A year ago tomorrow I married my best friend! Little did I know how profoundly the words "I Will" would change me.
          I thought my love for you was the strongest on that day, as I stood in that church telling all of our friends and family how much you meant to me.  But in the last 365 Days I have learned a whole new meaning for life... gained a whole new set of eyes to look at the world with and have a whole new capacity for love. I knew the man I married...                I loved your work ethic,         your heart,              your sense of humor and to my amazement and with so much excitement in the last year I have learned that                         there is even more to you!


I wish I had known earlier that no matter what extra responsibilities, tragedy's or heartbreaks came our way that 
                                                     I would always be your top priority
or that you would love me through the days of swollen feet, migraine headaches, moody breakdowns and an extra 20+ lbs, I... well I still wouldn't have done anything different. 
I LOVE YOU! 


Despite years of insisting I never wanted children, it was just 6 months after our "I DO's" when I thought to myself that having a baby with you would be a blessing
          I knew it would lead to beautiful memories and a whole lot of extra laughter. Magnus isn't even here yet and I already laugh more than I have at any other time in my life, in fact I've never smiled or laughed as much as I have since I fell in love with you.  :)


So many years ago when I asked you why you looked sleepy all the time (haha) and teased about your bags under your eyes, I didn't know how hard you work and how much effort you put into everything you do! 
                        and back then... I never would have guessed that you would be the 
                       LOVE OF MY LIFE
 But the universe has been good to me and here I am. 


           So here's to many more years of laughing ourselves to sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary to two of the most awesome people I know! :)

    ReplyDelete

background

Total Pageviews